Mango - King of fruits. Favourite of all. Mango - in any form invited by all, weather it is raw or ripe, in juice form or in pieces or pickles, puddings, sweets, curry & what not.
Mango Candy - Mitha Ambodiya is most favourite among all age group.
1 kg. Raw Mangoes (preferably Totapuri)
2.5 kgs. Sugar.
50 gms. Powdered sugar.
1. Wash & peel mangoes. Peel properly till white part appears.
2. Now cut it length wise.
3. In a big vessel mix sugar & mango slices. Cover it & keep it for at least two days or till sugar dissolves completely. Stir occasionally.
4. When sugar dissolves completely after two days, transfer mango pieces into strainer so that all sugar syrup drains out.
5. Then spread these pieces on plastic sheet & keep them in strong sun light for 2-3 days, so that they dry. Dry them until they start to bend but not over dry them like they break.
6. Lastly rub all pieces in powdered sugar & store in air tight jar.
1. You can use the drained sugar syrup for Aam Panna or mango sharbet.