KAMAL KAKDI/LOTUS STEM KEBABS
When your foodie friend honours you with special lunch & honours you more by giving special ingredient called Kamal kakdi/ lotus stem/ Bhein..as a return gift..its feeling good. Now my foodie soul is eager to use it & make something delicious dish out of it.
Though lotus stem have a bland taste, it is rich in vitamin C & Potassium & of course lots of dietary fibres which are beneficial.
I combined it with white chickpeas & oats with basic spices & made power packed & healthy Kebabs.. & believe me it turned out very tasty!
1 cup boiled kamal kakdi
1 cup boiled white chickpeas
1 cup rolling oats
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
2 tbsp green chili paste
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp aamchur powder
Chat masala for sprinkle
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
1. Peel & clean properly Kamal kakdi. Make slices & pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles.
2. Pressure cook pre- soaked white chickpeas also.
3. Grind rolling oats.
4. Grind cooked kamal kakdi & chickpeas.
5. Add grinded rolling oats & all rest of ingredients in grinded kamal kakdi & chickpeas. Mix well.
6. Grease your palm with little oil & make kebabs out of prepared mixture & shallow fry it from both the sides till it becomes crispy. Sprinkle chat masala.
7. Serve hot with tea, chutney or any dip.