APPLE OATS DELIGHTS
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. We all know this very well. Oats, as we know are considered as healthy option in diet due to its rich content of essential nutrients. Oats are rich in dietary fibres & minerals & also gluten free. Though oats are gluten free but the if some times grown in the same field as wheat or barley crops, chances of gluten contamination are there.
Here, I have mixed these both healthy ingredients & made tasty delights which are healthy & loved by kids as well as elders.
1 cup rolling oats
1 cup wheat flour
1 apple grated
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp soda - bi - carb
2 cup milk (approximately)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
200 gms. Dark chocolate
1. Mix all dry ingredients & mix well.
2. Now add apple , vanilla essence & milk.
3. This mixture should be of a dropping consistency.
4. Now grease & heat appam maker. Fill all cavities with mixture.
5. If needed, put few drops of butter around mixture filled cavities.
6. Cover it & let it cook on slow flame for 2-4 minutes.
7. Once cooked, flip all delights & let it cook from other side.
8. Once cooked ,let it cool.
9. Now melt dark chocolate in double boiler, dip each delights properly so it can covered by chocolate completely.
10. Keep in the refrigerator to set.
1. If you don't wish , skip coating chocolate.
2. Can use milk chocolate or white chocolate as per your choice.
3. If you are not coating chocolate , it tastes warm yummy with tea or coffee.